Welcome to Welcome to

Login
User Name

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Main Menu
icon_home.gif Home

icon_community.gif Community
tree-T.gif Discussion Forums
tree-T.gif Shout Box
tree-L.gif Member Map
som_downloads.gif Resources
tree-T.gif Events Calendar
tree-T.gif Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Articles
tree-L.gif Web Links
icon_members.gif Account Tools
tree-T.gif Your Account

User Info

Welcome, Anonymous
User Name
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
People Online:
Visitors: 171
Members: 3

We received
page views since
March 2004

Server Date/Time
21 August 2017 15:50:39 CDT (GMT -5)

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group: Discussion Forums

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group :: View topic - Cb100 steering bearings

Cb100 steering bearings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group Forum Index -> Honda
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoov
Welcome New Member
Welcome New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Cb100 steering bearings Reply with quote

Hello all ! New here on this forum.....question, I have the all balls sreering bearings and there is no indication which is the top or bottom. They nave different numbers on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
spurlock
Commuter
Commuter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Cb100 steering bearings Reply with quote

Smoov wrote:
Hello all ! New here on this forum.....question, I have the all balls steering bearings and there is no indication which is the top or bottom. They nave different numbers on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Smoov and welcome. I don't know what the difference in the All Balls bearings would be, but the stock Honda outer races (pressed in the frame) are the same top and bottom. So I assume if there is a difference in the All Balls roller bearings it would be in the inner races. Possibly the inside diameter is smaller on the lower bearing so it's a press fit on the steering stem, and the upper bearing ID is larger? Or more likely the difference is in the height of the inner races. Compare to the originals and you will probably see which is which. Good luck.

-Bill

1989 Honda GB500tt
1990 Honda GB500tt
Smoov
Welcome New Member
Welcome New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct...the lower bearing is a little bigger... Got,it all together. Thanks !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: