Welcome to Welcome to

Login
User Name

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Main Menu
icon_home.gif Home

icon_community.gif Community
tree-T.gif Discussion Forums
tree-T.gif Shout Box
tree-L.gif Member Map
som_downloads.gif Resources
tree-T.gif Events Calendar
tree-T.gif Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Articles
tree-L.gif Web Links
icon_members.gif Account Tools
tree-T.gif Your Account

User Info

Welcome, Anonymous
User Name
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
People Online:
Visitors: 170
Members: 1

We received
page views since
March 2004

Server Date/Time
22 January 2018 05:37:20 CST (GMT -6)

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group: Discussion Forums

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group :: View topic - And just like that, I work on ATVs now

And just like that, I work on ATVs now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group Forum Index -> The Twilight Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fasterspider
Full Throttle
Full Throttle

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: And just like that, I work on ATVs now Reply with quote

I ended up with an ATC that kicks ass as payment for reviving a poorly stored Honda and when I take my ATC riding with friends on their ATVs and run circles around them because mine runs as a Honda should thanks to my know how, I suckered myself into making their ATVs run as good as my ATC.

That is a 2001 TRX400EX with almost 1500 known hours and unknown in the 6 years of prior ownership.
The engine​ has a knock after almost 1500 hours of use. (Abuse)
Buying an already built engine is too expensive for my friends but, paying me my friend's rates will get a deal and I have some work that will pay a little.
Anyway, check out that carburetor.

It has been in the ultrasonic cleaner for over an hour and is starting to look like a carburetor again but, the hard part is extracting the swing arm pivot/rear motor mount bolt that is rusted badly into place.
Good luck is what I've been told by my buddy Edgar who is one of the guys I learned this trade from. Shocked

I gotta say, it is a bit more complicated than a motorcycle but, only just. Cool

Ray #1
1964 Yamaha MG1-T Trailmaster
1984 Honda ATC 200X
Sold CBX and both Trail 90s were stolen
fasterspider [at] gmail [dot] com
05c50
Full Throttle
Full Throttle

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've helped a few guys with quads, but I've decided to stay away from them. They're always so dirty and everything on them is hammered. It seems like the motto of quad owners is "ride it 'til it won't run, then ride it some more".

...Paul

�80 CB650c
�75 GL1000-finally finished
�79 KZ200
68 CB450K1-taking up all my time
fasterspider
Full Throttle
Full Throttle

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

05c50 wrote:
I've helped a few guys with quads, but I've decided to stay away from them. They're always so dirty and everything on them is hammered. It seems like the motto of quad owners is "ride it 'til it won't run, then ride it some more".

...Paul

Yeah, that's what happened to this quad and it is a huge PITA so far but, it has to get done and I don't mind regular dirt that washes off with a hose, I also like grease dirt because that shit runs through my veins. Wink

Ray #1
1964 Yamaha MG1-T Trailmaster
1984 Honda ATC 200X
Sold CBX and both Trail 90s were stolen
fasterspider [at] gmail [dot] com
mnmrider
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on ATV's comes with it. Here up North it's the occasional snowmobile that ends up in the garage like this Arctic Cat from the seventies with a Kawasaki 400 engine inside.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/88k5iy84zc4efaz/IMG_0793.JPG?dl=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group Forum Index -> The Twilight Zone All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: